Monday, January 17, 2011

When People Are Awesome

I complain about people a lot. I dislike a lot of people, so that's probably why. People are mean to each other, they do stupid things and are tedious to deal with. Except when they're not. When I take the time to notice, some people are really awesome and do really awesome things. Generally this happens when things are going really poorly for me and someone does something that reminds me that people do not always suck and I have some really awesome friends.

I was lamenting the fact that my poor choices in life have put me in a position that prevents me from doing something that should be simple, and how upset with myself I am about that. Some friends offered to help me make it happen. People are awesome!

Then remember that friend I mentioned who made me feel like I suck the other day? Well, he really is one of my best friends and I knew he didn't mean to make me feel as bad as I did. And of course, I went the passive-aggressive route and posted it on here instead of telling him. But I was upset and didn't want to make things worse. Well he did something beyond awesome for me tonight and I keep crying every time I think about it. Something I can never repay it's so awesome. Of course, now I feel like a jerk for saying he upset me but...

So sometimes people are really amazing. In fact, more often than not people are pretty good and I need to remember that. I especially need to remember it when thinking about my friends because they're some of the best people in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment