Saturday, January 1, 2011

The First Day of 2011!

So today was the first day of our new year. I hope everyone had a great new year's eve and that your first day of the new year was a good one. I spent the day taking down all of the Christmas decorations and doing a massive clean of the house. We have long since outgrown our little apartment so cleaning and trying to find space for things is very frustrating to me. I tried very hard not to let it get me down today though. I'm trying to remember to be thankful for the fact that I have a safe roof over my head.

I finished 365 Thank Yous this morning. I mentioned that I was going to read it in another post, and I finished it in about three days. If I'd had the time I would have sat down and read the whole thing the day it arrived on my doorstep. It was very easy to read, and easy for me to identify with at this point in my life. At the end of the book he mentions that 365 notes might be a little bit overwhelming for most people, but that 100 notes is very doable. The whole book was really just showing us how to find things to be thankful for even in times where we don't think there is anything to be happy about. I think this is something we should all do. I think it would make us all happier and would probably do a lot to make the world a better place.

I had also made a decision last night about something very important in my life and felt very resolved about that decision. Then something changed my mind today, so I guess there's one resolution down the drain already!

There were a few minor things that were less than great today, but overall I have a lot to be thankful for already in 2011 and I'm looking forward to seeing where I will be by the end of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment