Thursday, January 21, 2010

16 Weeks

This past Thursday was my 16th week at Weight Watchers. That's considered important because after that amount of time they believe you are more likely to stick with the program (or something like that). In 16 weeks I have lost almost 25 pounds! I'm very excited about the 25 pounds, but I'm more excited about how much losing the weight has already changed me. In this short period of time my confidence has doubled and made me try things I've been too scared to try before.

Before the meeting I decided I'd try on a pair of jeans that haven't fit for a long time. They zipped up easily and fit quite comfortably. I was so excited! When I got home later that day I decided to try on some other pairs of jeans to see if they fit. I was shocked to discover that I was able to put on a pair of my size 14 jeans and they fit great!! It was amazing to get back into that size!

I was on a roll! I started going through everything in my dresser drawers to see what fit and what didn't. I managed to completely empty one drawer and seriously narrow down several others. I also went through my closet and cleaned out a ton of things there as well. I ended up with a giant garbage bag of clothes that were all too big! It was such an amazing feeling! I can't wait to get rid of even more clothes as even more pounds fall off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment