Monday, February 1, 2010

Updates

So, once again I've been slacking. I'm still seriously behind in school, but I'm trying to make some headway. The material is pretty tough and I find myself feeling pretty stupid most of the time.

Aside from school things have been going pretty well. Last week I lost another 2.2 pounds which brings me to 26.8 in 17 weeks! I'm really excited about it and trying not to focus on how much more I have to lose.

In addition to that, on Friday my mother took me to get my birthday present (a little early). I got my very first tattoo!! I had an appointment at 12:00 and when I got there I was so nervous I was ready to puke! Once there, I learned the artist was running late and they needed me to come back at 1:30. Mom, Diane (who had come for moral support) and I went to eat and kill time. By the time we went back, I was a little less nervous, but the artist still wasn't there! He finally showed up around 1:45 and started drawing the tattoo and setting up. The longer he took the more nervous I got. While sitting there this big burly guy started getting a tattoo on his back. The look on his face doubled my nervousness. Here he was getting one on his back where there was plenty of flesh, and I was going to get it on my foot?!

I didn't chicken out though. It only took about ten minutes from start to finish and it did hurt A LOT! But every time I thought I couldn't take it, he would stop to wipe it off, so that made it more tolerable. I have had almost no pain since and don't regret the decision at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment