Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Vegetarian FAIL!

So I haven't really set any dates for my transition from a meat eater, to vegetarian to vegan. I figured I'd just take it slow and ease into it. My birthday is Thursday and my ex-husband and his wife are taking me out for dinner on Friday. Since I'm not sure where we are going I don't want to put any limitations on myself until after that meal. Eating with others (which I don't do too often) will be one of the challenges to this. This is a personal choice, but I know there will be questions and I don't want my answers to make people feel bad.

Anyway, this morning I was making breakfast for the boys and found myself stealing bites of the sausage I was warming up for them. FAIL! To my credit, it came from T&E Meat Market so I feel a little better about it, but clearly this is going to be harder than I thought. My meals rarely contain a lot of meat, but it is going to be bites of things here and there that trip me up. It's a process though. I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

I didn't want to go into too much detail in my other post about the way this will all go down because it had already become very long. My children will likely not become vegetarians with me unless they make that choice on their own. They live with their dad and step-mom half the time and me half the time and so they will still have plenty of meat in their diet. My oldest is already a deer hunter so he will be eating his kills. They are certainly old enough to make that choice for themselves though, so if they were to decided to go with me on this journey, then I think everyone would support that. Over time I hope to eliminate the meat from my house, so they'll only be getting it at some meals. It will be interesting to see how their own personal tastes develop in all of this as well as mine.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emmy, thanks for saying hi on my blog...I actually really like maca. I think it tastes good! But I have taken so many herbs in my life that really, nothing surprises me anymore :)

    ReplyDelete