Wednesday, March 10, 2010

This Isn't Going to Be Cheap

I'm still in the beginning phases of this shift to vegetarian/vegan so I'm learning a lot. It's weird that I would pick something to care so much about, since I hate to cook and have a kitchen that isn't too friendly. But it is what it is. I've been going through recipes and looking for common ingredients so I know what I should have on hand. I have been to every grocery store and health food store in town and even one out of town to collect what I need. Now, I'm aware that some of the things I'm buying like flours and oils won't be bought on a very regular basis, but I can already tell that this is going to be a very expensive lifestyle.

I was aware that there would be an increase in cost. Real food costs money and this country would be in much better health if we spent more money on food. I keep telling myself that while I'm looking for these special ingredients and finding their huge price tags. I'm a bargain shopper, so this isn't easy for me. I think vegetarian is a little less expensive than vegan though. Finding things without dairy in a small meat loving town is really hard. I do think that as time goes on it will get easier and I will learn to make more things by hand. But for right now, I am looking for good job suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment