Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Fabulous Birthday

Today is my 30th birthday! I have to say it was probably one of the best birthday's I've ever had!

I went to Weight Watchers with the hopes of having lost enough to hit my 30 pound loss. I only needed .4 pounds and I lost 3!! I was shocked to say the least. So as of my 30th birthday I have lost 32.6 pounds. I'm so excited! After the meeting my dear friend Diane took me out for a veggie sub at Subway. I then went and bought some vegetarian friendly (not quite vegan friendly) items at the store. Then I went and spent WAY too much money at Kohl's buying the much lusted after Kitchenaid stand mixer. Swoon!!!!

My darling little boys got of the bus with cards that they made for me and we had dinner at Chick-Fil-A. Now, I'm not really a Chick-Fil-A fan for a variety of reasons, but it was a fundraiser night for their school, so we went. It was kind of funny because I noticed that once we had our food we had almost no chicken on the tray. We had salads, fruit, some waffle fries (it's my birthday come on!) and the chicken noodle soup. So the soup was all the chicken we had and it was barely touched. We did indulge in the brownies though.

After our meal we went to Barnes & Noble for a play that my youngest was acting in. Very cute and he did very well. It was comical to look around during the play because the majority of the adult members of the audience were from his family. My ex and his wife were there, the ex's mom and dad, the step-mom's mother and her friend, my mom, me, and it just happens that the ex's cousin has children at the same school so they were there too.

We spent another unmentionable sum of money on books and came home to my gift from the boys. With the help of their step-mom they picked out an adorable dog that says "I love you" when you squeeze him. He's for when they aren't with me.

Tomorrow the ex and his wife and the boys are taking me out for Ethiopian food!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a GREAT day!! And don't even think about those unmentionable sums of money. 'Til tomorrow ;) Happy, happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete