Monday, November 12, 2012

How Much Do You Wear?

I saw this picture the other day on Pinterest and it got me thinking about what I really "need" in a days time. I think all of us can look around our house and see things that we haven't touched in well over a year and probably wouldn't miss if it were to disappear. But what about in our closets? Now this probably speaks more to women than to men (though I know some men who are very into how they look) but I personally still have a closet that is busting at the seams even after all of my decluttering.

In the book I just finished reading the author talked about Project 333. The premise is you take 33 items that you can wear (with some things not included in this number, like underwear) and wear only those items for 3 months. When I first read about this I winced at the thought of the approximately 75 pairs of shoes I own. I also have a ton of clothes. I have my current size, and some smaller that I will get back into because I will not go up in sizes ever again. But the bar in my closet is littering bowing. So there's no way I could do this project....or could I? I just told someone this morning that I almost never wear any of my shoes anymore and I sort of feel guilty for still having them around. I also work in a very casual environment and pretty much live in jeans and t-shirts. So, 33 items not counting the exceptions list...I think I can probably easily do that.

So if I have the opportunity this weekend I think I'll do a little evaluating and see what I think about tackling this project. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment