Sunday, November 11, 2012

Back Again

It has been a while and here I am again. I had a lot I could have written but for some reason I just didn't. Laziness I'm sure. But here I am again.

A lot has gone on personally and in the country, but I'm not going to rehash, just going to post a bit about what's going on today. Lately I've been feeling a little down about how busy we always seem to be and how little time we seem to have for any sort of fun. I'm taking two classes for school right now and I'm pretty behind in one of them and feeling overwhelmed. We're also coming up on the holidays and there's shopping and spending there that I always dread along with a ridiculous scheduling nightmare to make sure that everyone gets to do their favorite holiday things with the kids.

Sounds like I'm whining and I guess I am. But I've been staring at a book that I was recently lucky enough to win an autographed copy of sitting on my desk and just wishing for the time to read it. It's called You Can Buy Happiness (and It's Cheap) How One Woman Radically Simplified Her Life and How You Can Too. It's buy a woman named Tammy Strobel whom I've talked about here before. So yesterday I just decided, I'm going to read it, time be damned. I'm a little over halfway through it and I'd highly recommend it for anyone feeling like they need a change, but just aren't sure if they're brave enough. Reading it has reminded me why I'm starting to feel closed in again and what I need to do to change.

So my plan is to impose a digital detox on our house. I read a great article that I wish I could find now about getting kids off of their digital devices, and I know I have a very unhealthy obsession with Facebook. But I spend hours every day in front of a computer for work, and I need to stay off of it if I'm not working or talking to you all. So, I'm going to do my best. In trying I hope that I'll feel like the time I spend with those I love is better, and I hope that I'll find the time for the things I've been wishing I had the time to do.

I highly encourage you all to check out Tammy's book and her blog Rowdy Kittens. You Can Buy Happiness (and It's Cheap): How One Woman Radically Simplified Her Life and How You Can Too

No comments:

Post a Comment