Sunday, June 3, 2012

Busy Day!

Wow today was a busy day! I think I'm having a slight panic attack about having a regular daytime job and feel the need to get everything done at once for fear I might miss something. This is probably due to the fact that my first week is going to be a little weird because of my oldest son's graduation from elementary school and all of the things that go along with the last week of school.

Today I managed to finish cleaning the house, did laundry, went to the store, cut up a ton of fruits and veggies, made a batch of dish soap and a batch of laundry detergent.

First up was the laundry detergent. Here are the ingredients you need.


I used the following amounts...
  • 2 Cups Super Washing Soda
  • 2 Cups Borax
  • 2 Bars Ivory Soap Shredded
Just use a cheese grater to grate up your bars of soap and then mix all ingredients together. Put into a container and use about 1 tablespoon per load. I've made this before and was very satisfied with the results, I just got lazy and went back to my old detergent. But, this time I'm committed (or should be committed who knows)


Next up was the dish soap. I used the recipe found at Frugally Sustainable . I'm not sure I did it right, but it is still processing so I'll report back on how it does once I've used it. Here are the ingredients. Not pictured is water and a few teaspoons of the shredded Ivory soap. I picked lavender scented Castile soap so my finished product would smell good.

No comments:

Post a Comment