Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Skinny Rules

Sorry that I've been absent, just been trying to get into the swing of things with my new job and new schedule. During the course of working such crazy hours at being exhausted all the time at my previous job, I let my eating and my workouts fall by the wayside and I gained back nearly twenty pounds of the weight that I lost on WW. I tried going back to WW because I still believe that it is the best way to lose weight out there. However, I found that I was relying too much on processed foods, and getting lazy with my tracking. I felt like I needed to change things up, so I switched to a free tracking system called Lose It. So far I like it and it still keeps me in the habit of tracking.

In addition to that I picked up a copy of The Skinny Rules by Bob Harper. For those of you that aren't familiar with him, he is one of the trainers on the hit show The Biggest Loser. I'm also completely obsessed with the man. I couldn't have a bigger celebrity crush if I tried. So naturally if he writes a book, I'm going to read it. I did check it out from the library to begin with because I didn't want to spend the money if I didn't end up liking the advice, or thinking that I could follow it. After I finished it, I went straight out and bought it. The book is well written, with practical advice, sound medical facts, and a little humor thrown in. The best part is that he knows his rules are tough, and he gives you steps that you can use to work to those rules. So what are the rules? Click on the image below to check them out!

Some of them are going to be tough, like no carbs after lunch. But others, like don't drink your calories, won't be too much of a struggle for me. So, I'm going to give it a try. If I remember I will post my daily meals and how I feel about the rules. Hopefully I'll be posting some weight loss too! Interested in trying it out too? I suggest getting a copy of the book!

The Skinny Rules: The Simple, Nonnegotiable Principles for Getting to Thin

No comments:

Post a Comment