Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Meat Market

Interesting title given my vegetarian lifestyle no? Well I'm speaking of the dating scene...not an actual meat market. I was in a bit of a funk last night and a friend suggested we go dancing...so we went! We had a blast, but the bar scene is such a funny place to be. It's fascinating to watch men and women interact in such an unnatural environment. I've known people who have met in bars and been very happy, but they're rare. I mean, in what world does it make sense to try to start a relationship in a dark crowded room where you have to scream at each other and chances are you are heavily intoxicated?

Though are you any more likely to meet someone in a more normal setting that is a better fit. I've heard two very funny dating stories in the past few days from people who met their date in a much better situation and still ended up left with that WTF feeling! It's amazing that people ever end up finding someone to settle down with. Then once they do....well that's a whole different post.

I do want that one person to be with forever and so I keep going. But I'm starting to understand the wisdom of a couple of my male friends who suggest that it's all so unnatural and that's why we have so much trouble. If nothing else, there are a lot of funny stories to come out of the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment