Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fabulous Weekend

My ex and I have decided to each have one full weekend a month with the boys. We usually split the weekend up so we both have time with them, but we thought one full weekend each month would allow us to do a lot more with them once in a while. This was our first month and this weekend was my full weekend! We had a BLAST!

Friday evening we visited our favorite thrift store and picked up a few good buys. Then we had dinner at our favorite restaurant. Saturday we went to Home Depot for their kid's clinic and the boys made heart shaped shelves. Then we went to our local children's museum and they had a ton of fun exploring everything there. After lunch we spent the rest of the afternoon shopping at the other thrift stores in town. We got some other really great bargains including a scary looking monkey puppet and a brand new popcorn popper!

Today was by far the most fun of all. A few months back I went roller skating again for the first time in about fifteen years. The rink had changed so much since I went there but I remembered how much I enjoyed it and I thought it would be fun to take the boys. I wasn't sure how they would feel about it but we went today and it was the most fun I've seen them have in a long time. Despite the fact that they spent a large portion of their time there on the ground and a few tears were shed, they had so much fun and wanted to stay the entire time they were open. As soon as we left they were asking when we could go back again and my oldest even let me take pictures of him (which he never does)!

I start training for my job at WW this week and so I'm going to have to miss a few of their events from time to time. I don't like it when I can't be there for something they're doing, but weekends like this let me know that they'll have plenty of good memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment