Monday, May 24, 2010

Lazy Monday

I had all sorts of plans for today. I decided not to work (my job is flexible) today and get some stuff done around the house and do some more of my online job. I did manage to get a three mile walk in, but that was it. I honestly don't know what I wasted the time on, but Facebook and a nap took up a little too much of it.

On a more productive note, I went to the doctor last week to discuss my thyroid medication with him. He lowered my dosage the last time I had it checked and I've felt like garbage since. My hair has been falling out way more than I'm used to, and I cannot stay awake for anything. I told him I couldn't handle the way I was feeling on this dosage and he agreed to let me go back on the old one since I felt good on it and was only slightly overmedicated on it. I have to go back in a month to see what it looks like. He was very impressed with the weight loss (which now stands at 40.4 pounds) and just kept telling me how great it was. He's happy with where I am now even though I'm still overweight but he's also very happy with my goal of 145. He was also very supportive of my new vegetarian diet and while he did crack a few hippie jokes (and then admitted that was an unfair stereotype) he didn't say anything about getting enough protein or anything like I expected. Overall it was a great visit and I hope the medicine improves how I'm feeling so I don't have too many more days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment