Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

Have you hugged your planet today? I have to admit that I didn't do anything special to celebrate the day. Not eating meat is all I did I guess. I did turn down a plastic bag, but other than that, nothing monumental. I had things I wanted to do, but as with most things I want to do right now, they just aren't happening.

It was an interesting day though. I lost one pound at Weight Watchers, but because I gained last week it was really only 4/10 of a pound. I found that I'm likely not eating enough. I really upped my exercise this past week but I didn't eat enough of my weekly points. I'm going to try eating more this week and see if it helps. Fingers crossed it doesn't hurt!

I've felt like total crap for a few months now. I practically have narcolepsy and my hair is falling out by the handful. This is usually an indication that my thyroid medicine needs to be adjusted. So, I had the blood work done and my doctor says my medication is OK. So, is it the diet? Well I'm thinking it could be, but not in the way most people would assume. I recently learned that soy is really not good for people with a thyroid problem. I'm not eating a ton of it, but my intake has increased enough that I'm thinking it might be impacting it. On top of that, I also learned that a lot of commercial veggie burgers have a toxic chemical called Hexane in them. So, I'm thinking that it's time to cut out the soy. I'm also going to research more ways to get iron in case I'm anemic.

So, no meat, still working to cut out the dairy, and cutting out the soy. Looks like I might be heading toward a mostly raw food diet soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment